Friday 2 March 2012

Back in the Game

After years out of the hobby my interest was rekindled when I got Dawn of War on the cheap. It was in many ways what my young Warghammer playing self dreamt of. Full 3D armies careering around, blasting everything in sight. Things slowly progressed from that to getting the complete Dawn of War 1 series.

After the satisfaction gained from this burst of 40k goodness faded I progressed to harder things. I *acquired* a selection of Codexes. This was followed by Imperial Armour 3: The Taros Campaign. This was the absolute deal sealer. Reading this book for the first time was amazing, it really sucked me in.

The final straw was when the Space Marine game came out on the HD Consoles. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo, and when it was £20 new in Gamestation I took the plunge. Many happy hours later I had completed the game on hard and got all the trophies I could realistically get, short of the daft multiplayer ones.

From there it took time but eventually I took the plunge and decided to get back in the hobby and collect a Tau army. After visiting the local GW store I returned with paints and a box of Fire Warriors. The addiction begins again!

So now I am currently on the process of painting and collecting my first proper army. A Tau battle force sits on top of my wardrobe waiting to be assembled and painted, while I work on the few plastic kits I got to start off.


7 comments:

  1. Always good to see some one getting back into the hobby. I'm not surprised that you are collecting Tau after reading the taros campaign, it is a good read.

    So do you have any idea on what you are aiming for in the end? a large army based around an idea or just going to collect what you like and make an army out of it when you need to?

    Either way you need to have more pics of your tau. And nice colour scheme for you blog, i wonder where i have seen it before haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the core of an Army so far, I just have to paint it yet! It also lacks rail guns but they will come in time. I plan to get a basic force together and then tweak as I go. I don't have enough time as I'd like to get it together but don't we all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I just noticed I have ripped off your colour scheme as you said! Totally subconscious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for the record I came up with my own blog colour colour scheme all on my own. :)

    Welcome back to the hobby, you choose a lovely route to return. The Space Marine Game is fantastic (IMHO). I just yesterday listened to a podcast about IA:3 and it does sound an awesome read. I'm a fan of the Tau myself so I will eventually (along with how many other projects??) turn the little task group I've picked up for the Deathwatch RPG into a slightly larger little army.

    Your Tau look great so far, I hope you're enjoying the hobby side. Hav you played yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not played yet sadly. When the Panda Force is ready it will burst onto the local scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to ask, "WWBD?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its my GF's, she got it as a present from a friend: "What would Buffy do?"

    ReplyDelete